Thank you for your support of our ministries!
Designate your Funds
We offer these funds to which you can contribute online:
- Local Church Expenses -- please use this for payments to the church, and for donations or payments for local purposes
- Mission and Service Fund -- this is the national fund of the United Church of Canada. Donations received here will be forwarded to the General Council Office.
- Capital Investment Fund -- gifts given to this fund will be used to help improve the church building.
- Memorial Fund -- frequently people are interested in giving money in honour of someone who has died. Monies donated for this purpose are used to make lasting changes to the property or fabric of the church, or to support training for our lay volunteers.
- "White Gifts" -- every year at Christmas we collect monies for the Toronto Urban Native Ministry. We will send 100% of the "White Gifts" we receive to this ministry.
Charitable donations over $20 will receive a Canadian charitable tax receipt. Normally these are issued in February. If you require a tax receipt, please ensure that we have your name and address on file.
Donations by Interac Email Transfer
If you'd like to send us a donation by Interac email transfer, please go to your online banking site and follow their instructions for this. You can send your donation to
Donations by Credit Card
If you'd like to send us money by credit card, you're welcome to use this "Donate" button. When you click it, you'll be taken to the PayPal website, where your donation will be processed there. Please note that the Forest Hill United Church website never sees any of your personal or financial information; this is all kept at the secure servers at PayPal itself.
You do not need a PayPal account to use this service. If you don't already have a PayPal account, choose the option "Donate with a card"
Donations by Pre-authorized Remittance (PAR)
Many of our donors give money by "pre-authorized remittance" (PAR), so that their donations come to the church even when they can't be there in person. PAR donations are debited from your bank account or credit card on the 20th of each month. You can designate how much your donation you want used for "Local", "Mission & Service", and "Grateful and Loving It Campaign," and you can change this at any time with a phone call to our Church Office 416 783-0879. Click HERE to download the application form. Either mail back to the Church Office (2 Wembley Road, Toronto ON M6C 2E9), or take a picture of it with your phone and email it to us at
Click HERE for a brochure that describes this program in more detail
Donations through Canada Helps
Canada Helps is a Canadian registered charity which will receive online donations for any other registered charity in Canada. You can use credit or debit cards or PayPal, and they will forward your donation directly to our bank account (subject to a 4% fee). Choose this option if:
- you'd like to receive your charitable tax receipt immediately, rather than next February
- you'd like to donate securities
- you'd like to make a regular monthly donation, but you need the withdrawals to happen on a specific day of the month. (please choose PAR if withdrawals on the 20th of the month works for your budget)